October 26, 2013

island, completed.

Today, I finished all of the patterns in Island.  It's an absolute treasure of a book and I highly recommend it to knitters out there!  I enjoyed the process of making each piece - picking out yarn, studying the pictures and patterns - and love the results.  Some pieces have been passed along, some will stay with me forever, and I'll surely knit more. Since I finished Island, I rewarded myself with this lovely little pattern book and I can't wait for it to arrive.  What are some of your favorite pattern books?  Happy knitting + xoxo, Karen.

4 comments:

  1. So inspiring! I look through this book often and have even collected yarn for everything. I just need to make the time. Yours are all just lovely, Karen! And how cool is it to look through a book and say, "Yeah, I did all that."

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygosh, THANK YOU so much, michelle! that means a lot. your ears must have been burning...i was just yesterday showing my husband (& knitwear photographer) your roxborough dolman photos as inspiration for the grace cardigan photos. love your knits + style. be well and thanks, again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing amount of work! When are you making a start on 'Journey'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you very much...loved every pattern. journey is on my christmas list : ) be well (LOVE your puppets!)!

    ReplyDelete