February 3, 2013

quilting fabric.

I have the tools, now here's the fabric...washed and ready to go!  I chose colors for the blocks - any squares on the quilt - and different whites for the backing, binding, border, and sashing: 
The colorful fat quarters are from Quiltology, a local quilt shop here in Chicago.  The designs are replicas of children's prints from the 1930s.  I love them so much.  The whites are from Quiltology and Jo-Ann Fabrics.  Some have a slight pattern and most are shades below stark white.  
Any quilters out there ordering fabric online?  Any recommendations on where to buy fabric online? I really enjoyed looking through fabric in person and supporting local businesses but there are so many online options now and I'm curious.  I've ordered from Spoonflower and although the texture was a little unexpected, the prints were out of this world.  I'd appreciate any recommendations or comments!

I'm excited for our next post.  Don't forget to check out Aunt Joan's Quilting 101 for updates, too! Happy stitching + be well, Karen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment