March 18, 2013

squares.

I have squares!  Lots of them.
I used Aunt Joan's cutting tutorial, read all of the cutting tips in her book, and made lots of squares from my vintage prints and white fabric.  
I'm dreaming about quilts and even thinking of making two of these as we go...I have plenty of fabric and despite mapping out my colors, I can't help but think of a few other variations!  We'll see.
Cutting went much faster than I anticipated, and I ended up with many more squares than I needed, but that's ok.  I set up a card table, put in a movie, and before I knew it I had a pile of colorful 2", 2-1/2", and 5" squares and lots of rectangles.  I'm really looking forward to sewing everything together. How is your quilt coming along?  Happy quilting + xoxo, Karen.

2 comments:

  1. If only .... my sewing skills are limited but my love of textiles is not! You have yourself a beautiful bunch of squares, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they become together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi evelyn! i can't wait, too : ) stay tuned for more + be well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete