January 28, 2013

quilting tools.

Horray...we're almost ready to quilt!   My Aunt posted about tools a little while ago, and here's my take on what I have and what I have purchased.  I feel ready to go in the quilting tools department!  

My hand-me-down machine (from Aunt Joan) and cover (made by me).


Sewing machine needles. 


Seam ripper and small embroidery scissors. 


Rulers.  I ordered one online by Creative Grids and picked up the small one by Omnigrip on sale at the craft store.  I love the Creative Grids ruler...my cutting has already dramatically improved!  


Rotary cutter and fabric scissors.  I have had this rotary cutter for a little while, but an Olfa is on my list to purchase.  This rotary cutter tutorial on The Purl Bee is very helpful!   These are my fabric-only scissors. 


Olfa cutting mat. 


Needles and pincushion (handmade by Aunt Joan, my sewing treasure!)


Gutermann thread.   I'm transitioning to 100% cotton thread for quilting purposes.  

Next up:  fabric.  I visited our local quilting shop and picked up some goodies...I'll share very soon, because I'm SO ready to get cutting and sewing!  Happy quilting + be well, Karen.

P.S.  You can follow my quilting inspirations/aspirations on Pinterest, if you're interested!  

No comments:

Post a Comment